Friday, May 17, 2013

Why is a Raven Like a Writing Desk?

 
 

So this is the writing desk that I recently purchased at an auction. Really, Forrest did because I was too nervous to bid on it myself. Auctions are scary business. See my other auction post. But really, the auction we go to is so low key that I don't think I would ever survive in the kinds I see on television. I scratch my nose way too much, for one thing.

Back to my desk. I have no idea how old it is or where it was made because it is conveniently missing any type of markings or numbers except on the lock (for which I have no key). But when I googled the series of letters and numbers inscribed upon it, I was greeted by genetic coding results. So, dead end. I don't think my desk has anything to do with genetics. Or at least I hope it doesn't?

All of the knobs are different and the hinges on one side are almost falling off, but I really love this adorable little desk. It's the first real furniture purchase Forrest and I have made together so that makes it even more special.

Also making appearances are some of the very old books I have picked up here and there at different cathedral book sales, a few of the Wedgwood plates that I bought at the same auction, and the pretty tulips that I saw and had to have. I broke two of them trying to wedge them into that mason jar. I felt like I owed it to the two now stunted tulips to confess my mishandling. Poor tulips. 

No comments:

Post a Comment