Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Ah, Antrim

Greetings to you from somewhere in Spain! I wrote this over the weekend and scheduled it to post midweek as I will be most likely without the internets for our entire trip. Who wants to pay $.75/minute on a cruise ship? No, thank you. I am using this trip as an opportunity to completely disconnect and just be with that Forrest of mine for a whole week. 

Unless I find free wifi somewhere, of course. For Instagram. 

We'll see.


And now for the Antrim Coast!


The Antrim Coast in Northern Ireland is b-e-a-utiful. I mean, just look at those cliffs. And you can see Scotland, guys! The Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge was only about 15 miles from the Giant's Causeway. It is/was used by fishermen who needed to get to that tiny island to check their salmon nets. It used to be only one rope to walk on with a rope hand rail! It's not that long, but I think it would look a little longer to me with only the one rope to hang on to. It was kind of a disappointment since Rick Steves rated this attraction with three triangles (which means a must see attraction) and some of the locals in Belfast had really built it up for us. I mean, if it was 20 feet longer maybe? I don't know. The island was cool, anyway.

The day looks pretty warm, but don't be fooled. We were still freezing our booties off. I don't think I could get enough of this coastline though. 

Ireland* is the prettiest.





*(And by Ireland I mean both Northern and the Republic of.) 




No comments:

Post a Comment